About Zenoss Analytics
Zenoss Analytics (Analytics) 6.x provides an enterprise ETL capability and data warehouse for Resource Manager instances, enabling improved business intelligence and knowledge management. Analytics includes ETL services that populate a fully dynamic, industry standard, star-schema MariaDB data warehouse with Resource Manager model, event, and performance data. The warehouse includes functions that perform user-configurable and recurring analyses of your data.
Zenoss Analytics includes
- ETL services that run with Resource Manager (managed by Control Center)
- the Analytics server, based on Tomcat, which performs transformations and all database loading
- a MariaDB database server
The Analytics server and MariaDB server run on the same independent host, separate from any Control Center hosts.
The following ETL services run with Resource Manager and are managed by Control Center:
The zeneventetl service extracts event information from the event service and sends it to the Analytics server for transformation and loading. No configuration is necessary; all event information is extracted automatically and sent to the database.
The zenmodeletl service extracts ZODB model information and sends it to the Analytics server for transformation and loading. No configuration is necessary; all model information is extracted automatically and sent to the database.
The zenperfetl service extracts performance data for data points that have aliases defined and sends the data to the Analytics server for transformation and loading. All data points can be extracted; you select data points by assigning them an alias.
The ETL services do not extract data continuously; they extract and processes data in batches, according to the schedule you configure. You add the services to Resource Manager by installing the ZenETL ZenPack.
Analtyics server and database server
The following servers run on an independent host:
- A MariaDB server stores all data extracted from Resource Manager in the reporting database, which uses a schema driven by metadata from the ZenETL ZenPack.
- The Analytics server, which is based on Tomcat, and Apache HTTP, for secure communications with ETL services.
Third party licenses
Zenoss Analytics includes Java Specification Request (JSR) 250.