Zenoss API for Collection Zone and Resource Manager
The Zenoss API for Collection Zone and Resource Manager provides endpoints for using Zenoss Cloud Collection Zones or Zenoss Resource Manager programmatically. Collection Zones are based on Resource Manager technology and their endpoints overlap significantly.
To use a Collection Zone, you need an authentication key.
As Zenoss Cloud evolves, some Zenoss API for Collection Zone and Resource Manager functionality will be replaced by Zenoss API services.
How the UIs work
The Collection Zone and Resource Manager User Interface (UI) functions are served via Zope.
Most data in the CZ/RM UIs are provided by routers. Routers perform actions based on JSON objects they receive
- Some of these are get actions to display data
- Some of these are set actions to modify data in the Zope Object Database (ZODB)
What happens when a user loads a page?
Using browser developer tools to see a page-load in action
You can use developer tools in most modern browsers to see router requests being made.
- Most ZODB data shown in the UI comes from a router response
- Most actions performed in the UI leverage a router
- Routers are exposed to provide an external API
- Routers invoke underlying code (facades)
The codebase of the Zenoss API for Collection Zones and Resource Manager is available on GitHub at https://github.com/zenoss/zenoss-prodbin/.
In Resource Manager, most of the codebase is mounted in
Zenoss.resmgr containers at
/opt/zenoss/Products, with built-in
routers existing at