Resource Manager 6.2.1
This section contains important information about release 6.2.1 of Zenoss Resource Manager (Resource Manager).
New download site
Downloads for Zenoss customers are now available on delivery.zenoss.io. Leapfile is no longer used.
Compatibility with Zenoss Service Impact
This version of Resource Manager is compatible with Zenoss Service Impact version 5.2.3 or later.
Regular expression matching limitation
(ZEN-29376) Resource Manager uses the Apache Solr search platform, which tokenizes fields. Currently, searching a tokenized field with a regex matches only a single token, limiting complex regex searches.
For example, on the INFRASTRUCTURE page, IP Address is a tokenized field. Regex search ^192.168 will not work to filter only IP addresses that start with 192.168. The Device column is untokenized; regex search on the device name works as expected.
Load time for component graphs
(ZEN-29300) Load time might exceed 10 seconds for more than 200 component graphs when you have activated the All on same graph check box.
NFS client 4.1 is not supported
A file locking defect might exist in NFS 4.1 with RHEL/CentOS 7.4, which could cause zeneventserver to crash and other DFS-related problems. For more information, see Configuring NFS 4.0, or Knowledge Base article Potential Issues Running With RHEL 7.4 Or CentOS 7.4.
CentralQuery maximum memory allocation pool
(ZEN-15907) The size of the CentralQuery maximum memory allocation pool is set by the RAMCommitment variable in the CentralQuery service definition. The default value is 1024MB. Do not change the value to anything less than 1024MB.
- (ZEN-29807) Upgrading from Resource Manager 5.x to 6.x includes a required step to reindex all cataloged objects into the new Solr index. To speed this process, before upgrading, you can increase the CPU core count to use more workers. For more information, see knowledge base article Reducing 5.X To 6.X Upgrade Times By Increasing Workers For Indexing.
- Beginning with release 6.2.1, support for upgrading versions earlier than 5.3.2 was removed from the Zenoss Resource Manager Upgrade Guide. For assistance upgrading an earlier version, please contact Zenoss Support.
- The upgrade process might reinstall an older version of the Catalog Service ZenPack. To avoid this issue, manually remove older versions of the Catalog Service ZenPack .egg file from the ZenPack backups directory.
- (ZEN-28375) Beginning with Resource Manager 6.1.0, for counter/derive (rate) data points, the calculated rate value is stored instead of raw counters. The rate is calculated at the collector daemon as it collects data. If a graph (or API) request for a derive of counter data point spans the upgrade data, the system automatically queries the data correctly. However, slight anomalies might occur in the data that is captured immediately before and after an upgrade from Resource Manager 6.0.1 or earlier.
- (ZEN-29100) No data is collected for the ZenossRM device after an
upgrade if the localhost collector is moved off the master host. If
you have moved the localhost collector off the Control Center master
host, to enable data collection, set properties for the ZenossRM
device as follows:
- Navigate to the ZenossRM device overview page and select Configuration Properties.
Set the following zProperties:
zRMMonCCHost - Enter the IP address of the Control Center master host. zRMMonCCUser - Enter the name of the ccuser account, which is the default account for gaining access to the Control Center browser interface. zRMMonCCPassword - Enter the password of the ccuser account.
|ZEN-30495||Modeling and monitoring with SNMP v1 does not work properly.|
|ZEN-30324||Moving devices between classes increases resource consumption and leaves devices in an inconsistent state.|
|ZEN-30308, ZEN-30216||SNMP library for Python increases timeout values exponentially.|
|ZEN-30217||Upgrade script for v6.1.2 tags snapshots incorrectly.|
|ZEN-29542||Moving a device succeeds but the job reports failure (global name 'log' not defined).|
|ZEN-29391||Using zenbatchload on a v6.1.0 system with a file generated by zenbatchdump on a v5.3.3 system results in warnings about a missing manageIp function.|
|ZEN-29062||LDAP configuration screen does not include a field for the user object class.|
|ZPS-3867||HTTP Monitor ZenPack version 3.0.3 does not include support for regular expressions, so page content can not be checked.|
|ZEN-26802||OS model link in Device Detail page points to wrong manufacturer entry|
|ZEN-27499||Error message regarding dropped Events displayed during Resource Manager upgrade.|
|ZEN-28138||objectGUID is not available to be selected in Login Name Attribute combo box in LDAP configuration options.|
|ZEN-28519||Error is displayed when a correct date/time is entered in the Date Range field.|
|ZEN-28716||On Events page, the Show only actionable events check box is not displayed for the ZenOperator role.|
|ZEN-28725||On the Dashboard page, a ZenManager can see a dashboard even though that user is part of a group with a restriction.|
|ZEN-28956||Cisco UCS reports organizer is hidden when using ZenOperator role.|
|ZEN-29100||No data collected for the RM device after an upgrade if the localhost collector is moved off of the master host. For detailed instructions, see Upgrade considerations.|
|ZEN-29109||Disable Transforms report is not working.|
|ZEN-29120||Error flare messages appear intermittently on the Advanced > Control Center subtab.|
|ZEN-29376||Unable to use regex matching in tokenized fields. For more information, see Considerations and workarounds.|
|ZEN-29807||Leverage compute resources available on master to speed upgrades. For a workaround, see knowledge base article Reducing 5.X To 6.X Upgrade Times By Increasing Workers For Indexing.|
This section lists ZenPacks that are automatically installed, those that are packaged but not installed, and those that are obsolete and should be uninstalled. For more information about ZenPacks, see the ZenPack catalog.
This release of Resource Manager installs the following ZenPacks at the current version listed in the table.
The following ZenPacks are packaged with Resource Manager, but not automatically installed:
ZenPacks.zenoss.ZenMailTX is obsolete. If it is installed at your site, remove it.