Events enter the system as follows:
- Generated events are created as a result of active polling.
- Captured events are transmitted by external actions into the system.
The following standard services generate events. They automatically perform appropriate de-duplication and auto-clearing.
- zenping - Ping up/down events
- zenstatus - TCP port up/down events
- zenperfsnmp - SNMP agent up/down events, threshold events
- zencommand - Generic status events, threshold events
- zenprocess - Process up/down events, threshold events
- zenwin - Windows service up/down events
Captured events are those events that the system does not specifically know will occur in advance. De-duplication is performed on these events, but might require tuning. By default, no auto-clearing is done on captured events. Event transforms must be used to create the auto-clear correlations.
The following services collect captured events:
- zensyslog- Events created from syslog messages.
- zentrap- Events created from SNMP traps and informs.
ZenPacks that you install might include their own services.