Attaching an update ISO with vSphere
To perform this task, you need:
- A VMware vSphere client
- On your workstation, a copy of the Resource Manager update ISO file
Use this procedure to attach a Resource Manager update ISO file to the CD/DVD drive of a Control Center host. Perform the procedure on each Control Center host in your deployment.
Use the VMware vSphere Client to log in to vCenter as root or as a user with superuser privileges.
With the View menu, enable Toolbar and Show VMs in Inventory.
In the Inventory list, select the name of the Control Center host.
Enable the CD/DVD drive of the Control Center master host.
- On the Summary page, click Edit Settings.
- In the Hardware table of the Virtual Machine Properties dialog, select CD/DVD drive 1.
- In the Device Type area, click Client Device.
- At the bottom of the Virtual Machine Properties dialog, click OK.
If the CD/DVD drive is configured to connect when the virtual machine starts, you may have to turn off the virtual machine, reconfigure the drive, and then turn on the virtual machine, before proceeding to the next step. Before turning off the virtual machine, stop Resource Manager. For more information, see Stopping Resource Manager.
Attach the update ISO file to the Control Center master host.
- In the toolbar, click the CD/DVD drive icon.
- From the menu, select CD/DVD drive 1 > Connect to ISO image on local disk.
- In the Open dialog, select the update ISO file, and then click Open.