Updating device authentication details
For each device that is added to the database and set to its proper device class, Resource Manager might require additional or different authentication information before it can gather device information and monitor the device.
For example, before the system can monitor a devicein the /Server/Windows class, you must supply your Windows user name and password.
Similarly, for a device in the /Server/SSH/Linux class, you must supply your SSH user name and password. Set these values in for the device with the zCommandUsername and zCommandPassword configuration properties.
Note: Resource Manager uses Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) with a 256-bit key size to encrypt all passwords, and stores them in the Zope object database.
- In the devices list, click a device name. The device summary page appears.
- In the left panel, choose Configuration Properties.
- Double-click the zWinRMUser configuration property. The Edit ConfigProperty dialog box appears.
- In the Value field, enter your Windows user name, and then click Submit.
- Double-click the zWinRMPassword configuration property. Enter your Windows password, and then click Submit.
- After making changes, to ensure that the authentication changes are valid, remodel the device.