Creating a delegate host with vSphere
To perform this task, you need:
- A VMware vSphere client
- Permission to download files from delivery.zenoss.io. Customers can request permission by filing a ticket at the Zenoss Support site.
This procedure installs Resource Manager OVA packages as a virtual machine managed by vSphere Server version 6.5.0, using VMware vSphere Web Client 6.5. The procedure might differ with other versions of VMware vSphere Client.
- In a web browser, navigate to delivery.zenoss.io, and then log in.
- Download the Resource Manager delegate host OVA file for the current release.
Replace VERSION with the current release number (for example, 6.6.0).
Use the VMware vSphere Client to log in to vCenter as root, or as a user with superuser privileges, and then display the Home view.
In the top navigation bar, choose Actions > Deploy OVF Template.
Use panels in the Deploy OVF Template wizard to select the OVF package:
- To choose the package from a drive on your workstation or network share, browse to the location and choose the OVA file. Click Next.
- Select name and location: Specify a name for the OVF, select a datacenter or folder as the deployment location, and then click Next.
- Select a resource: Select the host, cluster, or other resource on which to run the deployed template, and then click Next.
- Review details: Verify the template details, and then click Next.
- Select storage: In Select virtual disk format, choose Thin Provision, accept defaults for other fields, and then click Next.
- Select networks: Accept defaults and click Next.
- Ready to Complete: Verify the deployment settings, and then click Finish.
The Recent Tasks pane displays deployment progress and status information.
Navigate to the new virtual machine's Getting Started tab, and then click Edit virtual machine settings.
- On the new virtual machine's Getting Started tab, click Power on virtual machine.