Adding Resource Manager to a Control Center deployment
For the complete list of installation instructions, see Installing Resource Manager.
Downloading template and image files
Use this procedure to download files required to install Resource Manager, and then to copy the files to a Control Center master host.
To perform this procedure, you need:
- A workstation with internet access
- Permission to download files from delivery.zenoss.io. Customers can request permission by filing a ticket at the Zenoss Support site.
- A secure network copy program
Follow these steps:
In a web browser, navigate to delivery.zenoss.io, and then log in.
Download the self-installing Docker image files for Resource Manager.
Download the Resource Manager service definition, which is distributed as an RPM file.
Use a secure copy program to copy the files to the Control Center master host.
Installing the Resource Manager template
Use this procedure to install the Resource Manager service definition template on the Control Center master host.
Log in to the Control Center master host as root or as a user with superuser privileges.
Move the RPM file to
/tmp. Replace VERSION with the current release number (for example, 6.6.0).
mv zenoss-resmgr-service-VERSION-1.noarch.rpm /tmp
Install the Resource Manager template file. Replace VERSION with the current release number (for example, 6.6.0).
yum install /tmp/zenoss-resmgr-service-VERSION-1.noarch.rpm
The template file is stored in
Importing Resource Manager images
Use this procedure to import the Resource Manager images into the local registry.
- Log in to the Control Center master host as root or as a user with superuser privileges.
Move the Docker image files to
mv install-zenoss-*.run /root
Add execute permission to the image files.
chmod +x /root/install-zenoss-*.run
Change directory to /root.
Import the images.
The images are contained in self-extracting archive files.
for image in install-zenoss-*.run do /bin/echo -en "\nLoading $image..." yes | ./$image done
List the images in the registry.
The result should include one image for each archive file.
Optional: Delete the archive files.
rm -i ./install-zenoss-*.run
Deploying Resource Manager in Control Center
Use this procedure to add the Resource Manager application to Control Center, and to tag application images in the local registry.
- Log in to the Control Center master host as a user with serviced CLI privileges.
Add the Resource Manager application template to Control Center.
serviced template add /opt/serviced/templates/zenoss*.json
On success, the
servicedcommand returns the template ID.
Identify the resource pool to which the host belongs.
serviced host list
Deploy the application.
- Replace Template-ID with the identifier of the Resource Manager application template (returned in step 2)
- Replace Pool with the name of the resource pool to which the master host belongs (single-host system) or to which the delegate hosts belong (multi-host system)
- Replace Deployment with a name for this deployment (for example, Test or Production)
serviced template deploy Template-ID Pool Deployment
Control Center tags Resource Manager images in the local registry.
Resource Manager is ready to be configured for your environment. For more information, see Configuring Resource Manager.