Installing an application template
This section includes procedures for downloading and installing the most recent Resource Manager application template. The latest template is not needed to perform an update, and is included in appliance updates. Use the procedures in this section if you plan to delete a deployed application template and then redeploy with a newer version of the template. (For example, in a development or staging environment.)
Downloading the template package
To perform this procedure, you need:
- A workstation with internet access.
- Permission to download files from the delivery.zenoss.io site. Customers may request permission by filing a ticket at the Zenoss Support site.
- A secure network copy program.
Use this procedure to download the required files to a workstation and then copy the files to the Control Center master host.
Perform these steps:
In a web browser, navigate to the delivery.zenoss.io site.
Log in with the account provided by Zenoss Support.
Download the template package file.
Use a secure copy program to copy the package file to the Control Center master host.
Installing the application template
Use this procedure to install the Resource Manager template on a Control Center master host.
- Log in to the target host as root or as a user with superuser privileges.
- Change directory to the directory in which the template package file is located.
Install the template.
Replace VERSION with the entire version number of this release (for example, 6.6.0):
yum install ./zenoss-resmgr-service-VERSION-1.noarch.rpm
The template file is stored in /opt/serviced/templates.